Search

Air Force Returns to 76 Congressionally Mandated B-52s After Restoration of Boneyard Bomber

Air Force Returns to 76 Congressionally Mandated B-52s After Restoration of Boneyard Bomber
A B-52H, dubbed "Wise Guy,” sits on the flight line at Tinker AFB, Okla. earlier this month after undergoing programmed depot maintenance that allowed it to return to the active fleet of B-52H bombers (U.S. Air Force Photo)

The U.S. Air Force recently completed nearly a year-long renovation on a B-52H bomber, which re-entered service with the 5th Bomb Wing at Minot AFB, N.D., earlier this month. While the B-52H dubbed "Wise Guy" had been in storage at the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group at Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz., "boneyard" since 2008, the U.S. Air Force embarked on an effort in 2019 to resurrect the bomber to replace a Buff lost during take-off in 2016. Last April, "Wise…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers

The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]


Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]