Search

CENTCOM Head Says Afghan Security Force Funding Less Efficient With Withdrawal, Cites ISR Needs

CENTCOM Head Says Afghan Security Force Funding Less Efficient With Withdrawal, Cites ISR Needs
Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, holds a press briefing at the Pentagon following a hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on April 22, 2021. (Photo: DoD by U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Jack Sanders)

The commander of U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) told a Congressional panel last week that funding will still flow to Afghanistan security forces after a withdrawal of U.S. troops but it will be less efficient. “We’re going to go to a zero solution in Afghanistan, so whatever we do it will largely not be done by people on the ground in Afghanistan. We can still do some things from remote locations, we can work the administration, the Afghanistan security force funding,…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Interview with Rep. Jeff Crank (R-Colo.), co-chair of the Golden Dome Caucus

Rep. Jeff Crank (R-Colo.), a co-chair of the Golden Dome Caucus in Congress and a member of the House Armed Services Committee’s strategic forces panel, discusses the transformative defense investments […]


Space Force PAE For Infrastructure Completing Move To Colorado Springs

U.S. Space Force Space Systems Command’s (SSC) Portfolio Acquisition Executive (PAE) for infrastructure–a $4 billion contracting hub for SSC–is completing a move from Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif. to […]


Wisconsin GOP Lawmakers Urge Trump Admin Support For Marines’ JLTV Second Supplier Effort

Wisconsin’s GOP congressional delegation is urging the Trump administration to support legislative language enabling the Marine Corps to potentially bring in a second Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) supplier. The […]


Senate’s CR Has Ship Construction Exemption, Forgoes White House’s Battleship, Munitions Requests

The Senate on Sunday released a bipartisan stopgap funding proposal to keep the government open through December 11, which would also secure additional funds to support ongoing shipbuilding efforts and […]