Though the Pentagon will be late in submitting a budget this year, the process of crafting the spending plan received a nudge last week. The White House’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued so-called passback guidance to the Department of Defense on Jan. 29, according to Pentagon spokeswoman Lt. Col. Elizabeth Robbins. “The next step is to continue working with OMB to produce the FY '14 President's Budget,” she said over e-mail. The passback is the OMB’s revised version…
Recommended
Australian AI Sensor Startup Arkeus Raises $18 Million To Help Expand In U.S, Europe
Trending
Congress Updates
Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement
A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]
CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones
U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]
Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]
Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage
The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]