Search

Lockheed Martin, Patria Part Ways on Marine Corps’ ACV

Lockheed Martin, Patria Part Ways on Marine Corps’ ACV
The four designs for the now-canceled Marine Personnel Carrier, including the Lockheed Martin/Patria design, above, are under consideration for the Amphibious Combat Vehicle Increment 1.1. Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James Amos said he has ridden in all four and can attest to their superiority over the canceled Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. Photo courtesy Lockheed Martin.

Lockheed Martin [LMT] has put forward an entrant for the Marine Corps’ amphibious combat vehicle program, but it’s not the Havoc 8x8 armored modular vehicle they developed with Finnish company Patria and marketed together for four years.The U.S.-based defense giant and European vehicle manufacturer broke off their partnership before the former submitted its bid in May, Lockheed Martin spokesman John Kent told Defense Daily.Because Lockheed Martin is not an original equipment manufacturer of combat vehicles, it likely partnered with another firm…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

All Future Systems Should Have Autonomy Features, Reed Says

Last week, Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) visited North Kingstown, R.I.-based Senesco, which is teaming with autonomous systems company Havoc to bid on the U.S. Navy’s Medium Unmanned Surface Vessel program. […]


Senate Appropriators Concerned With DoD’s Reconciliation Plan For Top FY ‘27 Priorities, Aide Says

Senate defense appropriators have concerns with the Pentagon’s decision to include key fiscal year 2027 funding priorities, such as critical munitions and drones production, among its request for $350 billion […]


With $1.5 Trillion Request, Army, Air Force, Navy’s Unfunded Lists Focus Solely On MILCON Projects

With the Trump administration’s push to massively increase defense spending to $1.5 trillion in fiscal year 2027, the Army, Air Force and Navy have eschewed submitting large unfunded priorities lists […]


Bipartisan House Bill Would Give National Guard To Counter-Drone Authorities

Seeking to close gaps that may arise between state and local law enforcers in different jurisdictions, a bipartisan contingent of House members this week introduced a bill that would allow […]