By Marina Malenic TUCSON, Ariz.--The new Marine Corps commandant's view of his service's future will help shape the Defense Department's decision on whether to request funds for continued development of a new amphibious vehicle, the military's top officer said last week, suggesting that Pentagon leaders have not yet reached a conclusion about the program's fate. The developmental Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV) is planned as a replacement for the Marine Corps' 40-year-old Amphibious Assault Vehicles. "Each service has a view of…
Recommended
DIU Picks Five Companies As Winners of Drone Dominance Program’s Lethality Challenge
Michael DiOrio – Dataminr
Trending
Congress Updates
Navy Leaders Downplay Looking At Foreign Navy Shipbuilding Amid Lawmaker Objections
The Navy’s top leaders this week seemed to downplay and back down on the service potentially using foreign shipyards to build U.S. Navy ships or buying foreign designed warships overseas […]
Senate Defense Appropriators See ‘Risk’ With Army’s Reconciliation Plan To Fund Munitions Increase
The Senate’s top defense appropriators cited concern this week with the Army’s request to fund the majority of its large increase to munitions procurement in fiscal year 2027 through the […]
Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers
The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]
Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement
A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]