South Korea on Nov. 5 canceled its KF-16 upgrade contract with BAE Systems for initial development and long-lead production, according to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA). The contract was the first of a two-phase Foreign Military Sales (FMS) procurement for the upgrade of 134 KF-16s. The Defense Department in May awarded BAE a $140 million firm-fixed-price contract with the first upgraded KF-16 scheduled for delivery in 2019. BAE previously said its competitive selection for KF-16 was the first time…
Recommended
Trending
Congress Updates
Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement
A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]
CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones
U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]
Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]
Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage
The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]
Job Feed
-
Software Applications Engineer
Sev1tech, Inc. - Aberdeen, MD -
Trusted Thin Client Systems Administrator II
Trace Systems - Shaw AFB, SC -
Senior Science and Technology Analyst (Advanced Materials) #26-076 TS/SCI Clearance Preferred)
Strategic Analysis, Inc. - Alexandria, VA -
Medical Planner
Threat Tec - Tampa, FL
By